- a person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures.
- a person qualified in a branch of engineering, especially as a professional.
a person who controls an engine, especially on an aircraft or ship. NORTH AMERICAN a train driver.
- a skilful contriver or originator of something.
- design and build (a machine or structure).
- skilfully arrange for (something) to occur.
GRAMMAR verb. (in textual references) verse. verso.
very. (in textual references) vide .
a domesticated ruminant mammal with a thick woolly coat and (typically only in the male) curving horns. It is kept in flocks for its wool or meat, and is proverbial for its tendency to follow others in the flock.
- used with reference to people who are too easily influenced or led.